BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

May 19, 2008

What I've Learned From Watching Romantic Comedies

1. Men are attracted to women who are loud, demanding, and generally act like spoiled brats. The more impossible you are, the more they want you.

2. Rule #1 only applies when the aforementioned woman is thin and preferably blond.

3. Cute, available men are often to be found wandering the Irish countryside.

4. Men with commitment issues need only meet the right loud, demanding, spoiled woman to see the error of their ways.

5. Running down the street in 3 inch heels is easy for those in love.

6. The best men to marry are the ones with fathers who have had at least 5 or 6 wives.

7. A man who loves dogs is to be trusted.

8. We are all one awesome musical montage away from a life-altering epiphany.

9. When you've had a misunderstanding with the one you love (but haven't yet figured it out) you can eat as much ice cream as you want and still fit into your size 2 whispy summer dress the next day. This is a good thing because of #10

10. In order to come to an understanding with the man of your dreams (or the man you always knew but didn't know you wanted but have finally figured out that he was the man of your dreams all along)-- you have to be wearing a whispy, spaghetti strapped sun dress. If you can be standing in Central Park, all the better.

11. If you have a childhood best friend of the opposite sex-- you're supposed to marry them. You don't really have a choice in the matter. It was neighborhood fate.

12. Awesome highlights equal an awesome love life.

13. Man-boys are just one Coldplay inspired soundtrack away from maturing into husband material.

14. All women secretly love to dance around in their bedrooms and sing into their pillows. (this was news to me as I previously thought Amy was the only person I knew who really did that on a regular basis)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL -- great post. #4, 7, and 11 - too funny!

Laurie said...

So funny! I can't even narrow down a few favorites; love them all.

OK Chick said...

I just discovered your blog. It's my new favorite. I will be adding you to my list. By the way, I love this post it made me laugh.

Sarah said...

Aw, thanks! I'm glad other people know what I'm talking about! :-)

TC said...

I knew there was a reason I wanted to go back to Ireland!