BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

May 11, 2008

20 Things to Love About My Mother

1. She loves me no matter what

2. She sends me coupons in the mail

3. She still remembers the Spanish she learned in high school

4. She has an downright freaky sense of direction

5. She is the most unselfish person I know

6. She gave me a blank living will last week with absolutely no explanation

7. She's a talented artist even if she won't admit it

8. She's never asked me why I'm not married

9. She's an incredible example of a Christian woman

10. She has a beautiful singing voice

11. She changed her mind about naming me Whitney

12. She has watched Friendly Persuasion 80 bajillion times

13. She would do anything for her children or grandchildren

14. She has an addiction to audio books

15. She loves peanut butter almost as much as I do

16. She gave birth to me!

17. She's dangerous as a Trivial Pursuit opponent

18. Ditto for Scrabble

19. She seems to think her kids can do just about anything

20. She was and is the best Mom ever.

Happy Mother's Day Mom! I love you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for loving your mother no matter what-what a blessing you are-- but you made me cry.
XOOXXOOX KJT

Anonymous said...

What a great entry. Your mom is such a thoughtful person. I think it's so great that you took the time to think about 20 of the things you love about her.

Sarah said...

Thoughtful is SUCH a great word for her, Katie. I can't believe I didn't have it on the list!

And I didn't mean to make you CRY mom......hopefully it was a good cry :-)

Heather said...

You made me cry, too. You're a good daughter.

Damon and Amy said...

#11 made me laugh out loud. I was almost Laura but my Dad intervened. oh,and yes, that was a very sweet list.

Mom of 4 Maniacs said...

You do have a great mom. Can't wait till father's day...as I remember, he's pretty great too.

Laurie said...

KJT is one of the moms I wish I could sit and have coffee with on a regular basis so I could check in and see if I am doing it right.

She is a great mom for sure; proof is in her kids.

Happy Mother's Day, KJT! I hope your day was a special one.

Laurie

P.S. For the record, I think you made a really good decision with that whole Whitney/Sarah thing :)

Anonymous said...

to quote dad... "ditto"
RMT