BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

May 9, 2008

A Toast to Myself

Have you ever wished you could go back in time and give yourself a high-five? (Not that I encourage high-fives with anyone over the age of 12 as a general rule) If not, you can't understand my dilemma.....but there are some of you who know just what I'm talking about. And today? Well, today I really could have kissed myself circa November or December 2007.

What did I do to make me so proud of myself you ask? Well, it might not seem like much to you, but I found a dollar that I'd hidden in a little wooden box in my office at work. And why was this so wonderful? I found it after a frustrated 10 minute search (ok, maybe only 5) for vending machine money for a Diet Dr. Pepper. I hardly ever have cash and I was on the verge of once again asking my secretary if I could borrow a dollar from her (which makes me feel like a 5 year old even though I always promptly pay her back).

And that is what is so amazing! At some point in the past not only did I have a dollar on me, but I actually took the initiative to squirrel it away in a place I knew I'd forget about it so that I would eventually stumble onto it in a time of need. And it worked! My plan that I forgot that I planned actually came together.

So here's to you pre-Christmas Sarah! You helped me get my afternoon caffeine fix. Well done!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to thing that your mother is responsible for putting those kind of stashing away ideas into your head. It makes for a very satisfying moment, doesn't it?. XXO KJT

Anonymous said...

How nice to find money when you're looking for it!

Mom of 4 Maniacs said...

I don't know why and don't be offended, but I think it's hilarious that you have a secretary. Now I'm picturing all my friends with secretaries. Like Katie, have you ever had a secretary? That'd be funny too. Now you can picture me with one....I think equally as funny.

Laurie said...

Well done, indeed!

Anonymous said...

That is such a nice surprise from yourself! Congrats on thinking ahead. I just love reading your blog! Kenna