BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

August 21, 2008

A Sad (But True) Admission

This may be news to no one but ME, but I have recently realized that I am a girl who likes boundaries. I feel better when I know what the expectations of me are and what the plan is to get there. I deal best when I have deadlines I have to work towards. (Exhibit A-- the whole "post once a day rule" that I have to impose on myself in order to actually post on here halfway regularly).

And you know what? I hate it. It is SO not interesting. Who (besides a Marine) likes a a rules and regulations girl? It would be much more mysterious if I flouted rules and convention and just did whatever fit my fancy.

But I can't. I always call before I come over. I always knock before I come in. I always sit in my assigned seat.

This is me. I'm just going to have to learn to accept it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heredity or environment? Either way it runs in the family... ;)

Anonymous said...

not me - i live on the wild side. Just this morning I ate my cereal BEFORE drinking my coffee. Thats how I roll.

rmt

Anonymous said...

You ARE very interesting (in a good way!)....even if you're a rules girl.

Laurie said...

Girl, anyone who fancies themselves with a nice shade of red on a whim knows at least something of breaking the rules.

Regardless, there is much said for the one who is always in their assigned seat; for example, you can count on them!

You are super interesting. Your daily posts prove it :)

Sarah said...

The fact that you drink coffee at all still strikes me as odd, Reid.

Oh, and Laurie-- I love that you were trying to reassure me, but I'm confused about what you meant with the nice shade of red.....

Laurie said...

Girl, I was talking about coloring your hair (or was your hair black once?)

Anyway, either shade is quite rebellious (in a good way):)