BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

August 6, 2008

Me: The Early Years

So this post is to reassure my mother that I didn't automatically just throw out the large packet of old school papers she sent me in the mail this week. We're talking grade school, middle school, and high school report cards.... we're talking school commendations, pity-ribbons from track and field day, and ACT results. It is one great big pile of information about ME!

Reading through the old papers, some of the teacher notes started cracking me up. Apparently some of my "issues" are long-standing. Here's a sampling to show you what I mean:



Kindergarten: Mrs. Crowder
"Holding Pencil: Keep watching middle finger position"

I'm sad to report that 25 years later-- I am STILL holding my pencil wrong. Sorry Mrs. Crowder



First Grade: Mrs. Frederick
"I've enjoyed having Sarah this year. She's a sweet child and a good student"

Good comment, right? You'd never guess that this is the same teacher that once taped my mouth shut. Seriously.



Second Grade: Mrs. Ketcherside
"Distracted by other small groups"

This should surprise no one.


"Whispering and checking the process of others uses valuable time"

I think this is nice teacher code for "she's nosey and wastes time"


"Enjoys all kinds of conversation"

Again-- is this teacher code for "she never stops talking"?


"her imagination is endless....Sarah should never be bored!"

Finally-- someone acknowledges that the ability to entertain yourself is a good thing!


3rd Grade: Mrs. Nuss
"Sarah rushes through work which causes it to be messy."


I think my college roommates could have written that comment.


4th Grade: Mrs. Heitschmidt
"Sarah is a creative and sensitive person who is nice to everyone."

This is a very nice comment-- it just makes me wish I could remember something about the teacher who made it. I have realized that I am drawing one big blank about my 4th grade year. I can remember 3rd grade, I can remember 5th grade-- but for the life of me I cannot remember anything about Mrs. Heitschmidt! I hope this doesn't mean I'm not nice anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are some nice comments in there! And you still have the imagination. :)

Laurie said...

Tbese are great. You have a great mom to save all of that stuff ( and she gets extra points given she was able to locate it):)

I love the last comment--that is certainly true of you!