BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

August 25, 2008

Is November Here Yet?

I've been wondering lately if anyone actually watches the U.S. Presidential conventions as a method of deciding who they are going to vote for. Both parties basically put on a week long propaganda show as far as I can tell...and nothing really gets decided. It seems to me to be a little symptomatic of our culture in that all of the spontaneity has been sucked right out of it. It is the same reason that the "debates" aren't really debates at all-- they are just people pretending to ask questions and other people pretending to give spontaneous yet remarkable sound-bite ready responses.

Do I sound cynical yet?

2 comments:

Kelly T said...

I'm certainly not "everyone," but I honestly don't think I've ever watched a single one. Are you ashamed of me? I would probably be the perfect Jay-walking candidate for Jay Leno.

Sarah said...

Ashamed? Hardly! My whole point is that they are hardly worth watching. :-)