BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

February 18, 2010

A Suggestion

There seems to be an epidemic of people at my condo complex buying a certain unfortunate product. And this might seem ungracious, but with my birthday coming up, I just want to take the time to put a thought out in the universe:

There is not now, nor will there ever be in the future, a point at which I want to be given any sort of WIND CHIME. I mean, maybe if you live in the most serene and still place on the planet with only the occasional breeze to blow through them gently so that they emit a nice tune, I could see the potential.

But this is OKLAHOMA. We have gale force winds MOST OF THE TIME. If you hang up a WIND CHIME on your porch, it is basically the equivalent of hiring a Salvation Army Bell Ringer to stand outside your front door who will never give up on getting your spare change and will forever be ringing his bell. Loudly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very good point! xoo KJT

Stacey said...

Awww, I like wind chimes...especially bamboo ones (but so did the wasps which is my mom most recent bamboo wind chime is hanging in the kitchen.) ;o)

katie said...

This made me laugh! You're so good at doing that. :)

Andrea Kay said...

Oh I am SOOO with you. My dad bought me a beautiful wind chime and I hung it up. It lasted less than 5 minutes....seriously they are annoying! They may be okay out by a beach or something where its peaceful and serene...but not in my world!