BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

April 2, 2009

Things I Did/Thought/Wondered Today

1. "This is what happens when you try to clean". (after having to type all day on a painful finger pad that was sliced open when I dusted my desk at work. Don't ask)

2. A new Arby's opened by work this week. Both Mandy and I were pathetically excited to go there for lunch today. (And judging by the 15 cars in the drive-thru built for far fewer vehicles, we weren't the only ones).

3. "Did some kind of new Wal-Mart training manual go out that instructed all cashiers to start tying the handles of their plastic bags into a double knot before handing them over? Why do you people keep doing this to me and and then look at me as though I should be grateful for the extra effort you put in? What genius at headquarters in Arkansas decided that shortening the handle will make it easier to carry out to my car in 45mph Oklahoma winds??"

4. Words cannot express how grateful I am that America decided to vote off that annoying chick on American Idol.

5. "Why did I do my hair today?" (after walking half a block to get from car into work and looking like Cousin It when I walked in the front door)

6. "Why-o Why-o did I ever leave Ohio?" (Side note-- I've never actually been to Ohio)

7. Jini asked me what kind of cheese my string cheese (that I was eating at my desk) is. I had no good answer.

8. "Don't be an idiot, lady. There is no self-check out at TARGET" (thought but NOT said to the lady behind me in line who kept trying to talk her daughter into going to the "self-checkout")

9. "Hm. How can I write this email in such a way as to make the person feel stupid for asking me an idiotic question without thinking I am calling them stupid? How can they decide for THEMSELVES that they are wasting everyone's time?? It wouldn't be MEAN to help them do that....really it would almost be a form of helping them to self-enlightenment....."

10. "I didn't know anyone still wore their bangs that high. With gray hair."

4 comments:

Kelly T said...

Rough day? =O)

Andrea Kay said...

Oh my gosh...the walmart bag thing. I know, right? Why do they do that? Then it takes an eternity to open the bag or cut it open!

D's Mom said...

#10 -- poor woman. It is interesting what some people think looks okay, hair-wise. :)

Sarah said...

Ha! See-- they are doing it in Wichita too! It IS a corporate thing.