BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

September 24, 2007

Jet Lagged Thoughts

It has not stopped raining in Hong Kong, for anyone who was wondering. It is a little bit harder than a Portland rain, but no nearly so hard as an Oklahoma rain. Apparently I'm quite lucky that it hasn't rained on me this much on previous trips....(yes Mom,I did remember my umbrella). In the reception area of all of the offices they have these handy-dandy little guys that you stick your umbrella in and they come our wrapped up in a plastic bag. They work great unless you havea little teensy travel umbrealla (like your's truly) and then the plastic bag is about 5 times longer than your umbrella.

And who would of thought that a whole paragraph about umbrella's could be so riviting?

Other thoughts:

Lesson learned about Customs line: pay attention to how many agents are working in each area. 4 agents= a faster line than 2 agents. Too bad it took us 45 minutes of standing in the wrong line to figure that out. Bad news? Wasted time. Good news? Once we moved lines a man from Austria got in line behind me who looked pretty cute and smelled even better! And trust me, nice-smelling men are harder to come by when travelling than you might think.

The bacon here still struggles, by the way.

Oh, and also? Watched the new Die Hard (don't think I've seen the other ones, actually) on the plane on the way from Dallas to Tokyo and it made me cry.....sorta. That was odd. Of course, Bruce Willis action movies have a history of that. The thing is, I don't think they were TRYING to make anyone cry. I guess it was just kind of scary/realistic with the KIND of terrorism that was in the movie. That's my excuse anyway.

Jini got moved up to first class (long story involving a lying mechanic, an footrest that wouldn't work, and a clever passenger who walked the fine line between making it clear she was rather put out but was never nasty about it)....so that meant I got two seats to sprawl my stuff over. You'd be surprised how handy that was.

And now I will bring the rambling missive to an end. I know you are all totally enthralled with my update, but I'm sorry people. The fascinating stories must come to an end for now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, two seats. That's so nice.

And what a handy little invention they have for umbrellas! It must rain a lot there.

TheFamDoc24 said...

I'm jealous. I want 2 seats when i fly.

Laurie said...

I've never heard of the umbrella tool. Pretty cool.

It's good to hear from you!

Heather said...

Enjoy Hong Kong! Let's seriously get together when you get back. Seriously.

Emily said...

I just wanted to say that I went to Hobby Lobby the other day to buy some beads and low & behold...there was one of those papers w/ a design with your name on it! I'm completely jealous, you're famous!

Sarah said...

The non jet lagged me just re-read that completely uninteresting update and is rather horrified at just how NON interesting it really was.

Apologies!! :-)

(Weather update? 2 dry days in a row!)

Heather-- SERIOUSLY.

Emily-- Yay. I love it when people actually can FIND the project sheets in the stores. But the real question is-- did you find the beads you were looking for, and if so-- what were they??

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is good to stand beside nice smelling European men but it would seem smart, also, to stay on the good side of your airplane's mechanic.
XXOO KJT

Anonymous said...

Where, oh where, is a new post? :)