BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

March 31, 2007

A Break From Ireland Talk

I thought I would give you all (yes, all 5 of you) a breather from the Ireland talk (only momentarily, of course)....and give you my March Song Recommendations before the month of March ends.

But in a way, this isn't really much of a break from the Ireland talk because a lot of these were songs I was listening to on my iPod on the train! So HA!

Something Beautiful (The Newsboys)
--An incredibly catchy song about love how it was meant to be. You wouldn't think they could make a borderline deep dance song, but there you go.

Eyes (Rogue Wave)
--I'm obsessed with this very short song right now. I keep making other people listen to it. "Missed the last train home......birds pass by to tell me that I'm not alone."

So Are You To Me (Eastmountainsouth)
--I hesitate to recommend Eastmountainsouth as they broke my heart. I found them a couple of years ago only to discover that this singing duo had already broken up! Boo. But their CD is beautiful....as this song will illustrate quite nicely.

Rum and Coca-Cola (The Andrews Sisters)
--I can hardly have a list and leave The Andrews Sisters off of it.

Street Map (Athlete)
--So soothing. "I would like to think our paths our straight, disconnected from choices we make. There is no reason why it can't be like you said. One day........it's going to happen. Don't know when....I'll be on your street. I know one day.....it's going to happen. You're gonna be swept off your feet."

Moonlight (Beethoven)
--Ok, this might seem a dramatic choice, but I've always loved this piece of music. And it makes for great "contemplation of the countryside as you whiz by on a train" music.

Steal My Kisses (Ben Harper)
--This song is irrationally catchy given the topic. "She said I love the way you think, but I hate the way you act."


Oh, and just so you don't think I've completely forgotten that I WAS LEAVING FOR IRELAND AT THIS TIME LAST WEEK....here's one of my favorite pictures from last week as a parting gift. It's called Peter the Angry Irishman Who Does Not Know How We Do Things In America

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, I'm your musically-challenged friend, but I checked out a few of these online. I really like "Something Beautiful" - want to go buy the CD. "So Are You to Me" is beautiful.

And...what got you into the Andrews Sisters? Has this been a long-time liking?

Unknown said...

I actually suspected you would like Something Beautiful. Yay! I'm NEVER right about what you like.

I've liked the Andrews Sisters since I was a little girl. I used to listen to them at one of my grandparent's house and would "perform" various songs for them. I hadn't listened to them in a long time, but I got Grandma's CD a year or so ago and have been re-enjoying the music. It's partially nostagia for me, but it's also really fun to sing along to.