BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

February 18, 2009

Breaking Out My Rusty Typing Fingers

Anyone who has known me for more than a day knows that I am-- well, how to put it?? Let's just say I am a candid person. I often share more about myself than anyone probably wants to know..... for instance, if I do something particularly stupid-- I usually can't wait to tell as many people as possible about it (particularly if it is a FUNNY stupid thing--- for instance when I figured out last year that a "Water Pill" is not actually a pill that magically hydrates people).

But the interesting thing about being a candid person is that many people also assume that I don't have an inner edit button. Several people in the past year have joked with me that they always know what I'm thinking because (and I quote) "If Sarah thinks it, she says it". And for some reason, I have found that surprising. While I admit I almost always have something to say about everything (even if it is just to announce I know nothing about the topic on hand)--- it really amuses me that I might have a reputation for saying everything that pops into my head....because seriously? What I actually say out loud constitutes about a 1/3 of what is going on in my head (if that).

I apologize if that scares you.

Alas, I realize that just because I manage not to spew my every thought on to the world does not make me mysterious or anything.....but I would like to reserve the right to be not quite the open book that everyone thinks I am.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is interesting that people have that perception. I don't think you say everything that pops into your head. :)

TheFamDoc24 said...

I agree with Kathleen.
Besides there is no way that the world is ready to hear everything that goes on inside that noggin. Not even close to ready. :+)

Anonymous said...

Now, was that what you were really thinking or only 1/3 (33.33%)of what you were really thinking? - rmt

Anonymous said...

I am sure you don't say a good deal of what you are thinking- however don't forget to figure in that % what your face/eyes say. Love you- XXOOO KJT

Sarah said...

Ah-- but I have a strong history of being quite misinterpreted on that front.....