BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

March 2, 2008

A Photo and a Request I Never Thought I'd Have To Make

In keeping with the thrilling nature of the last post, I thought I'd start this update with the view from my hotel room in Qingdao (which I have now learned is pronounced "Chingdao", incidentally). The hotel was a complete unknown, so we weren't sure what to expect-- but it has been a lovely surprise. I'm kind of sad we only get one night here since I actually got my first full night's sleep in the giant king size bed here. (Nothing beats jet lag like sheer exhaustion!).





I'm told the ocean is around here some place (apparently the Olympics sailing competition is supposed to take place here) but I've yet to see it. The hotel is very new, and the word "eager" doesn't quite seem to do the employees here justice. I think we had a team of 7 or 8 checking in 3 of us yesterday. I thought one guy was going to try and hold my hand on the way to the room just to make sure I got there safely. It was a bit like being in a parade.


And now on to the request:

To anyone who will ever be on a long haul flight (say from London to Hong Kong, for instance) in the near or far future: Please, please, PLEASE leave your pants on. I know the airline gives you a blanket-- but that is for putting OVER your clothes. It is not, I repeat NOT for wrapping around your waist like a bathroom towel so that you can prance around business class like you are at toga party while your jeans sit crumpled up on the floor by your seat. And if you ARE going to use your towel for the aforementioned unspeakable purpose-- do NOT make the change while standing IN your seat, and do NOT adjust your blanket while standing in the aisle to get a "tighter wrap"-- because you are involving innocent parties across the aisle and giving them glimpses of things (such as tighty-whities) that they would rather not have! And you will make them take pictures of your jeans crumpled up on the floor (that don't turn out very well since they can't be obvious and use their flash lest they reveal themselves to be the type of person that takes pictures on planes) and post them on the internet!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Wow, wow, wow. Why do these things happen to you?! :)

Laurie said...

This will now become one of those things that will forever make me laugh out loud as if I had heard it for the first time.

I mean, SERIOUSLY--Katie has a point.

Anonymous said...

Didn't the attendants discourage this?
Anyone else snicker? You did snicker, didn't you?!
He wasn't an American was he?-just curious.
Thanks for the photo (of the hotel view)!

XXXOOOO KJT

Sarah said...

Excellent question, Katie. I don't mean to be a martyr....but REALLY!

No, no one said anything to him. I am 99% sure he was British-- so at least the U.S. doesn't have to take credit for him. I would actually wager a lot of people didn't notice. I was just directly across from him, so I got a front row seat. (He also was fully reclined before we took off and the flight attendants had to wake him up to make him sit up-- I mean, who does that? Does anyone NOT know you have to leave your seat in its "full, upright position"?)

TheFamDoc24 said...

Your life is amazing. Only you would have the good fortune to be on the one plane that guy decided to fly on. To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised he didn't hit on you.

Mom of 4 Maniacs said...

Him hitting on you would have really been the perfect ending to a perfect story.

You are the best blogger ever!

Sarah said...

No, I would NOT have enjoyed that ending to the story! He may have been British (+10 points right there)-- but he was rude, middle aged, and GROSS.

And I forgot to say earlier-- yes Mom, I did snicker but it was more out of shock than out of true amusement.