BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

March 13, 2005

It's A Time Machine!

I just finished reading "The Time Traveller's Wife" and it made me think about my own childhood. And now I invite you to travel with me...back in time to visit my 10 year old, diary writing self. It is October, 1987..........



*****************
"Today started off great. But of course Steph ruined my life! Me and Kelly (the double crosser) said she had an idea. She said that we could teach Steph about not being wanted and interrupting. She said I could go home and she'd have Steph over and I would come over and she would be mean and rude to Steph. Turns out she decides to back out and is so nice to Steph it would make you sick and she so rude and mean to me it would make you sick. Then her and Steph say they want to go to Kmart! And they ask me if I want to come in a mean voice. I said sure if you don't mind walking! But they said OH NO we don't want to walk. I guess you can't come and walked off! And that's what I call rude. Kelly is just a two faced pig who can't even see through Steph. Her other friend Anne is OKAY but Steph is such a baby. She has to take a nap and she talks like a three year old. And she gets 20 dollars allowance. When Kelly gets back I'll give her a piece of my mind. Next she'll be saying "make room for buetiful princess Kelly." She should be saying making room for two faced hog nose Kelly! We got a new T.V. It's huge!"

*****************


I don't know what's more disturbing about that entry-- that I was so eager to go along with Kelly's plan to be mean to Steph (though I have to say that she was a rather wretched little girl-- at 27 I still remember that and feel the need to rationalize my poor behavior) or my ability to switch from calling my "best friend" a quite impressive name to talking about our new TV without batting an eye.


How about we journey forward and visit my teen self? It is now July, 1991


************
" Well, I haven't seen Point Break....yet. But tomorrow I'm going to see a different Keanu Reeves movie "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey" It's the sequel to "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure". Well, next week I go to camp. And I can't say how much I'm looking forward to it! (NOT!) Today Kelly found one of the keys to my drawer. I guess I'll have to hide them better from her! She is soooooo nosey! Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that it's sooooo obnoxious! But hey, people say I'm nosey too......Well, the school year is fast approaching, and I'm not looking forward to it! I mean, I've never even been on a date......You know what I just thought of, if I die sometime soon Mom or Dad will probably read this. Depressing thought, huh!?!! Jeesh, I really hope I don't die before I'm old. But then again-- what if I'm an old maid, who never gets married!?!! Well, I still wouldn't want to die! Wait a minute- why am I even talking about death- How depressing!"
************


At least I decided that I wouldn't want to die if I was an Old Maid.....sort of........

0 comments: