BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

December 13, 2011

Obsessions Pt 1

Throughout my life I have been somewhat prone to getting obsessed with things. I can't pretend to remember the first thing I was ever obsessed with, though I suppose you could argue that my red checkered blankie (that is currently about 10 feet away from where I'm sitting) was a good start.

For some reason, lately I've been thinking about two TV shows I fell in love with when I was 11 or 12-- Tour of Duty was a somewhat (in my memory anyway) gritty show about the Vietnam War. The Young Riders was a somewhat ridiculous show about the Pony Express. They couldn't have been more different, but oh how I adored them both. My week just absolutely hinged on going to my grandparent's house on Thursday nights so I could look at their TV Guide magazine and read the upcoming descriptions of what was going to happen next on those shows. What was so riveting to my pre-teen brain? I'll give you one big hint:




Oh, LT-- how I loved you so. I still can't believe they blew you up...


XX

0 comments: