BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

July 14, 2009

Searching For A Sense of Humor At Mathis Brother's Furniture

Tonight Heather and I went furniture shopping (for Heather, not me). We met a man who was intent on selling some leather furniture. He was very knowledgeable about the aforementioned leather furniture, but he did not respond well to any attempt at levity. My favorite exchange of the evening follows:


Me: "So how fragile is leather furniture? Does it scratch very easily?"

Very Literal Sales Man: "NO! Scratch? Leather doesn't scratch! What happens to a cow when it rubs itself against barbed wire? Hm?"

Me: (with a blank look) "Uhm. I have no idea what happens to a cow when it rubs itself against barbed wire."

Very Literal Sales Man: (frowns) "Well, it doesn't scratch!"

4 comments:

D's Mom said...

I just laughed out loud. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Does this mean the couch might bleed?

RMT

Emily said...

Okay...seriously hilarious! And for the record as a person who owns a leather ottoman...it can scratch...

Andrea Kay said...

hmm...well it doesn't scratch. Geeze. People like that kill me!