BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

March 8, 2009

Quick Random Notes

*We are at the Best Western in Yiwu. Incidentally-- it is neither Western NOR the Best.

*It is extremely cold here....which I'm not really complaining about. Amazing how much less fragrant a place can be in the cold. (It was insanely hot and humid when we were here last Sept.)

*I accidentally wore my shirt inside out when we crossed the border from Hong Kong into mainland China (we actually walked across it with our suitcases). I feel this only bolstered my "we look like refugees fleeing persecution in Hong Kong" point to my coworkers.

*I don't care how proficient a spitter you may or may not be-- you have not truly seen (or HEARD) spitting until you have been to China.

*The iTunes store (or at least MY iTunes store) does not work in mainland China. This is very annoying when you want to download the season finale of Burn Notice to watch on the plane.

*In case you hadn't figured it out-- I have nothing that interesting to post at the moment......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, your mom and dad are just glad to hear from you. What's the deal with walking over the border? It does sound like refugees. XOOO KJT/GMT

TheFamDoc24 said...

even your pointless ramblings crack me up. haha.