BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

July 17, 2007

Oh To Be Mysterious

So I realize that the entire premise of this blog is the fact that I realize just how mysterious I'm NOT.....but there's a little part of me that still likes to think that I am. I like to believe that people don't REALLY know what I'm thinking unless I let them.....that I have my own secret little world of ongoing thoughts in my head, and that I have complete control over how much of that world anyone gets to see.

Lately I've begun to suspect that I'm accidentally giving away far more information than I've realized. And it wasn't until I had THAT thought that I realized what a control freak I apparently am.

I don't know what the point of admitting any of this is, really, since you all probably know this about me anyway. The "self-aware" are always the last to know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I definitely think you can hide what you're thinking. So, maybe that will make you happy. :)

Although I know you quite well, I don't always know what you're thinking.

Laurie said...

Girl, fear not, I promise you... people don't REALLY know what you are thinking unless you let them.

I am not sure if it is only that you hide things well... I think I mostly believe it is because everyone else is just a lot SLOWER than you--- what you are thinking just doesn't OCCUR to most, or at least, at a much slower process speed :)

Sarah said...

Laurie-- I don't think everyone else is "slower" than me (though that response did make me laugh because I knew I would have to deny that-- because it's patently not true-- but just saying "Oh, I don't think people are slower than me!" just SOUNDS so obnoxiously self-impressed. Anyway....)

I think maybe what you mean-- and what I can agree with-- is that I am rather random......and it is for THAT reason that maybe people don't realize what I'm thinking (sort of like the 7 year olds I like to tell stories about....)

But I am reassured by both of you guys reassuring me about this. No one enjoys being completely transparent.