BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

July 14, 2007

A Non-Update

I haven't posted since getting home from my vacation that turned into a hospital stay....but I've been rather unsure how to approach the whole topic (or whether to or not since it's been so exhaustively discussed in "real" life). I really don't feel like being all serious and deep about it-- but on the other hand, there are only so many "public forum" appropriate jokes you can make about having a 6lb ovarian cyst. (One that-- as my sister so lovingly pointed out-- weighed more than Meredith did when she was born).

So I'm turning to my go-to post for when all creativity fails. That's right! It is the return of the "random list of nonsensical observations"!!



1. I saw the new Harry Potter movie last night. It was quite excellent even with the teenage boys squeeing at Harry kissing Cho Chang. Yes, I said "squeeing"....of course they did the more manly "YEEAAHHHH!!!"-- but whatever. That's the boy equivalent of squeeing. Just because you do it in a lower tone of voice does not make it any less fan-girlish.

2. I've become hooked on the TV show Bones over the the last few weeks (thank you Netflix). It's strange that I got hooked on it because I don't usually like "solve the crime of the week" shows and I definitely don't like "look at these dead people while solving the crime of the week" shows. The only explanation I can give you is that it made me laugh.....and not in an accidental way.

3. This is the best movie that I've seen in a long time with a soundtrack I am already obsessed with.


















4. I read today that shoulder pads are coming back in style. I am horrifed. That is all.


5. Wait-- that isn't all. I also read that apparently "jumpsuits" are also big for the fall. I am aghast. THAT is all.



6. And just so that my family vacation is not completely neglected...I will leave you with a taste of my time in Arkansas:

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Ha! I love your lists! Glad to see you back in blog world.

So you saw Once? Isn't it great?! I thought it was the best movie I had seen in a VERY long time. I would love to get the soundtrack.

Shoulder pads? Jumpsuits? It can't be...

Sarah said...

Yeah-- I got to see it! Right after I wrote on your blog complaining about it not coming here, I discovered that it had just opened at the mall by my house (of all places).

And yes, you really have to get the soundtrack. I can't stop playing it. As a matter of fact--- it is playing this very second.

Also? Look into a CD called The Swell Season-- I guess it's the working version of the songs that Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova worked on for the movie...and there are 4-5 songs it that didn't make the movie.

I got them both from iTunes. I heart iTunes.

And sadly, I kid you not about the fashion trends. Elle magazine says so.

Anonymous said...

Shoulder pads? Shoulder pads?!!! No, please, no. Well, surely, they can't be like the ones in the 80s. They just can't.

I should check out the soundtrack.

I'm glad to see that you FINALLY have a new post! (Not that you didn't have good reasons for not updating in awhile....:) )