BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

June 4, 2006

Sunday Afternoon Naps

(This is a post written a few weeks ago that I never got around to posting. And Katie wants a post....so a post she will get)


I am not a nap taker.

The story goes that when I was little, and I would get sleepy, I would just put myself down for a nap. I have no idea if that is true or not, but as it is-- I no longer do that. I will waste time a million different ways during the day, but I don't like to sleep. In some ways-- it sort of feels like rebooting my computer in the middle of the day-- it takes me awhile to get back in the gear of things.

I have no idea why I am bothering to share any of this except for the fact that I just woke up from a nap. I fell asleep on the couch right after finishing a hilarious book about being a Christian, being single, travelling, and figuring out your life. And so my brain has been rebooted in the middle of the day with those things on my mind. And that's a dangerous combo.

As the previous post would suggest, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about the things we tell ourselves, the things we tell other people, and the "truth"-- and how a lot of times there is a fair bit of gray area between all of those things. Is a lie any better when the only one you've told it to is yourself?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks for the post, Sarah.

I'm terrible at taking naps. When I do nap (which isn't often), I usually sleep too long and usually wake up in a bad mood.

And the question you asked at the end of your post is a thinker. Hm.

Laurie said...

I LOVE naps. After going who knows how long without one, I took TWO last weekend. Very nice...

Laurie said...

And my take is that lies are no better when told to yourself; in fact, in most cases, I think they are worse.