BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

January 22, 2006

A Little of Nothing

I've been terrible about updating lately. Even my last post was more about me finally figuring out how to post a picture than anything else, really. But every time I think about posting something, I start the same interior dialogue I have before writing anything that will be semi public-- and that's how is this going to be interpreted? That constant, nagging thought is one of the hazards of actually sharing something like this with friends/family.

It's weird to write something that you know your parents will be overanalyzing (I had to inherit the gift from somewhere!) at the same time your friends are trying decide if you are talking about them or not. I have a hard time shutting that inner voice off. A close friend (who shall remain nameless but is no doubt smirking) once told me to quit analyzing everything so much. My only response was "Uhm, yeah-- do you know me at all? Of course he did, and that's why he was saying that in the first place.

Turning your brain off and just going with the flow can be a strange problem to have. I don't have that problem in all areas....but in writing it definately poses its hazards. A good writing teacher would probably just tell me, well, actually--- I don't know what a good writing teacher would tell me. In 6 years of studying literature, I never took a writing class. Never even thought about it, actually. But that's something to analyze another day.

Maybe I missed my calling as a therapist.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sarah,
I think that your writing is absolutely amazing. I wish that you would post everything that you ever thought. I would be entertained for hours.
-Your not so secret admirer-

Sarah said...

You are just an absolute sucker for a "sort of mention", aren't you?

Anonymous said...

hehe I'm attention hound!

Anonymous said...

that should say AN attention hound

Laurie said...

I must agree with anon. I wish you would post everything you thought b/c, no doubt, it would make me think a little more. But, then again, I have the whole paralysis of analysis thing going on, too, so perhaps more pictures would be good (visual rhetoric is still a little lost on me :)

But, really, I relate very much to your thoughts here. It is mostly what has kept me from blogging for many, many months, I think. It is kind of liberating to actually throw caution to the wind and post what is in your head, though.