BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

March 5, 2010

Random Hong Kong List Time

*Every time I think the JW Marriott can't surprise me, they do. This time when I walked up to registration to check in (after being up for 24 hours straight), I went to pull out my passport when the guy behind the counter smiled at me and said "Sarah?" I blinked at him in confusion before nodding. He went on to say that he had my check-in paperwork almost done. That's when I asked if they'd started to keeping photos of people in their system, cause otherwise that was kind of creepy. He just smiled and said it was a good guess. They have some sort of weird Customer Service Voo-Doo. I'm telling you. (Also? He called 10 minutes after I got up to my room to ask if I had enough pillows on my bed. I looked at the 6 feather pillows sitting on the king size mattress and decided that yes, that was plenty.)

*The guy across the aisle from me on the flight from Dallas to Tokyo kept his pants on, thankfully. However, he did spend a good 8 solid hours of the flight playing some weird farmer's market game on his computer. From what I could tell, it involved a lot of watering of various plants. Riveting stuff, let me tell you.

*One way not to impress people from the US Office you are meeting for the first time? Falling asleep in the meeting.

*I am starting to think that with a little effort, you can get anywhere in Hong Kong without actually going outside. It is like the city is one big gerbil cage.

* An excellent place to find lots of lounging, British-looking businessmen (who appear to have spent a lot of time picking out their trendy yet nerdy glasses) in Hong Kong is Starbuck's.

*ESPN360 does not work in China. Just in case you were wondering. (Neither does HULU).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update...Always interesting!
xoooxxoo KJT

Andrea Kay said...

I have no doubt that the check in incident was a bit unsettling, but I find it fun! I love that they knew you! The calling about the pillow, I think had other reasons behind it...but still nice!

katie said...

I agree with your mom...always interesting! :)

I would like to visit Hong Kong with you. I would also like to stand behind Hugh Grant in the customs line.

Tyson and Kenna said...

You always have the most interesting stories to share with your followers! It is hilarious to me that a clerk at a hotel in Hong Kong recognized you. The only time I get that kind of public recognition is at our local Famous Daves. And sadly I'm not even kidding!