BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

September 5, 2009

This is How I Know I'm Old

Since she was old enough to know what a wedding is, my niece, Anna, has asked me about once or twice a year the following question:

"Aunt Sarah, if you ever meet a boy you like enough and decide to get married-- can I be a flower girl?"

She's 9 now (almost 10) and when she was here last month the question changed to:

"Aunt Sarah, if you ever meet a boy you like enough to marry-- can I be a bridesmaid??"

I told her she would have to duke it out with my friend, Katie. :-)

3 comments:

D's Mom said...

There is no question of whether I am a bridesmaid. The question is who your OTHER bridesmaids will be.

Sarah said...

Well, if you want to break the heart of a 10 year old....

Kelly T said...

You're really not joking. She WOULD have a black eye, and perhaps a broken appendage or two, from my sister.