BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

November 20, 2007

Dream of the Future

So sometime in the next year I will most likely be buying a new (to me) car. I've started trying to think about what I want in that car, and here's what I've come up with so far:

1. An intimidating (dare I say "manly"?) car horn. I'm really tired of getting almost run off the road by someone and having my only recourse be to toot my little horn that pretty much sounds like a dwarf jumping on a goat.

2. An engine with some get up and go. Awhile back I was accelerating to get onto the interstate and my friend that was in the car with me asked if I was worried that the gerbils in the engine were going to drop dead from the exertion. It wasn't a very nice comment, but it was rather accurate.

3. A stereo system that allows me to listen to the Beatles. You wouldn't know it, but when you only have 2 working speakers-- you can't listen to the Fab 4 (as well as the occasional Metallica song). Well you can, but it will certainly be a version you've never heard before as half of the singing and instruments are just gooooone.

4. Tinted windows- I'm tired of getting sunburned while driving. There should be special window treatments for freckled albinos, you know.


Now-- I will confess that I feel a little disloyal posting this list since my little Rav 4 has been such a loyal and lasting car (155,000 miles and counting!). I feel as though I am tempting the car fates by critiquing my car and that next week you will be getting a post about how my car died on the way to visit my parents and grandparents this weekend. So let me just put this out there into car land: I love you Rav 4-- with your stupid horn, rodents running the engine, broken stereo, and high level of UV exposure......you've been a good car, and if you could continue being a good car for another year or so, I'd really appreciate it.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Girl, I still think of the Rav 4 (is that what you call it?) as "new." I still miss your Honda! :)

Laurie said...

Oh, and yes, I highly recommend tinted windows.

Sarah said...

I miss my Honda too!!!
I hope those Russian gangsters are happy with what they did to it. :-)

Anonymous said...

It will be fun to get a new car.

My CR-V has been such a loyal car. If I got a new car, I'd actually like another CR-V, but...since we're going to have 2 kids, a minivan would be so nice space-wise.

Anonymous said...

i'm offended by the dwarf and albino comments.

RMT

Sarah said...

Well at least you aren't a freckled, albino dwarf, Reid. Then you'd be doubly offended......

SCT

(Is that the rule with family comments? We put our initials? Now if only we could get Megan to post!)