BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

February 17, 2008

I am an Addict and Masterpiece Theater is My Dealer

It is time for another true confession. For the past month, I have been a complete glutton. And what has been my poison, you ask? It was just over a month or so ago that PBS started "The Complete Jane Austen". That's right-- once a week they have been delivering a new version of each of Austen's novels on Masterpiece Theater. The main exception to that so far seems to be that they are reshowing the classic version of Pride and Prejudice instead of a new one. (But really, when you have Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy for 6 hours, why on earth would you bother filming ANOTHER mini-series? )

My point is this-- it's set me on a binge. Once a week is now not enough. I'm rereading the novels (again). I'm watching the movie versions that I own too. And just now? PBS really pulled a low blow-- they showed a MONTAGE of the scenes from the new movies they are playing to the soundtrack of COLDPLAY. Evil! They are EVIL GENIUSES!!

So why? Why does she suck me in so much? It's so cliche to be a woman and obsessed with Jane Austen. I mean, they made an entire movie about THAT too!

But I can't help it. Jane Austen is crack.

8 comments:

TheFamDoc24 said...

Wierd. :+)

Anonymous said...

Hee!

I should have recorded and watched some of these.

Mom of 4 Maniacs said...

"Wierd"? I think not, weird.

TheFamDoc24 said...

Ohhhhhhhh, Anita Anita Anita...I had once held you in such high regard, and now my perfect image of you has been shattered, as it appears that you too are wierd!

:+)

Sarah said...

This conversation has gotten WEIRD.
:-)

And Katie-- they aren't done! Pride and Prejudice is over the next few weeks, and we still have Emma and Sense and Sensibility to go.

Laurie said...

You know, the fact that you could find an obscure quote IMMEDIATELY based off of a few rambling words that I could remember still amazes me. I mean, you knew it by thinking on CHARACTER. People, that is not weird; it's GENIUS!

I so wish I was reading and watching along with you. How fun!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, Laurie! You never forget ANYTHING...do you? That was back when I lived in Portland! I had to read your comment three times before I remembered what you were talking about.

(For anyone else who cares-- Laurie saw a quote by Jane Austen and I helped her figure out which novel it came from....hardly a stroke of genius.) :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.